What is Microdermabrasion?
Microdermabrasion is a simple, quick, and painless cosmetic treatment with quick downtime and minimal risk this minimally invasive procedure renews your overall skin tone and texture.
Microdermabrasion helps stimulate the production of collagen, thereby helping skin rejuvenate. Age spots from photo aging will slowly diminished, and the skin may become softer and smoother.
Microdermabrasion works by removing a few of the top layers of the skin called the stratum corneum.
Microdermabrasion helps to improve the appearance of sun damage, wrinkles, fine lines, age spots, acne scarring, melasma, and other skin-related concerns and conditions.
Microdermabrasion encourages cell turnover, which can speed your skin’s ability to healing. This treatment is especially effective when stretch marks, hyperpigmentaion, acne porn skin and reducing skin aging.
How does Microdermabrasion work?
Our spa therapist, uses the diamond microdermabrasion machine, which allows us to safely treat around your eyes and lip area.
The steps we take while conducting your Microderm facial starts by us.
- Cleansing your skin of any makeup are build up dirt, after this cleanse we then.
- Exfoliate your skin, exfoliation is good for removal of dry/dead skin cells on the surface of the skin,Exfoliation helps skin problems, and also increases blood circulation, effectively unclogging your pores which in turn helps you to achieve healthy and glowing skin after exfoliation.
- Steam time We then place you face under the steamer for 10-15mins depending on your skin type (needs), the steam from the steamer opens up your pores and helps loosen any buildup of dirt for a deeper cleanse. Opening up your pores can soften blackheads, making them easier to remove. We then tone your skin and get your skin ready for using the
- Diamond tip microdermabrasion machine, diamond tip microdermabrasion machines is much softer than the crystal Microderm machine and with the Diamond tip wand is then use to abrade the surface of your skin diamond tipped wands uses a particle-free method that can yield greater results with less down time this machine allows us to go closer to the eyes & lips which from experience we have found are the problem areas for a lot a clients. During this step you will feel minor tugging on the skin, However it's you needn't worry. Because it works on just the surface layers of the skin, microdermabrasion isn't painful. during this time our technician will keep asking you if the pressure if fine please be patient and respond as you need to work with us to control any scarring of your skin.
- Extraction we generally manually use tools to do this section of the facial however the pain of this can at times can be unbearable so on request of the client are just seeing the reaction of the client we then can also use mechanical means to clear blackheads and any clogged or compacted pore.
- Mask this is step is the favorite for a lot of clients most people upgrade to the gold facial mask and the seaweed mask please tell the technician your choice before start, these are add ons that will require you to pay extra. The mask sits on your face for 15-20mins and refines your skin pores increases hydration: brings moisture and hydration to dry and dehydrated skins, diminishes fine lines and even out skin tone.
- Hand and or neck massage is done by our technician while your relaxing with your mask on, feel free to ask about adding on foot massage.
- Warm Towel Is then use after your mask we gently clean your face, this a beautiful relaxing experience for most it not all clients.
- Sunscreen or moisturizer is then use to top off the experience when you see your before and after look you are guaranteed to be please with the results.
What are the benefits of Microdermabrasion & how often should I get this treatment?
Human skin typically regenerates at approximately 30-day intervals, skin improvement with microdermabrasion is temporary and needs to be repeated at average intervals of two to four weeks for continued improvement. depending on your skin's tolerance and desired cosmetic effects.
Many people choose to start with weekly treatments for three sessions, then change to a monthly maintenance regimen.
- Stimulates collagen production to restore elasticity.
- Even Skin tone leaving a clearer and brighter complexion
- Reduce acne, blackheads and breakouts
- unclogs pores
- reducing fine lines and wrinkles.
- Helps if you suffer from Hyperpigmentation
- Treat age spots and uneven pigmentation
- Fade stretch marks
Mild pinkness of the skin is the desired outcome and usually resolves within minutes to hours after microdermabrasion. In addition, mild exfoliation of skin may occur as well.
Continuously apply moisturizer or ointment if exfoliation occurs. Clients may also experience mild sunburn -like sensation for a few days. Moreover, liberal application of sunscreen and moisturizer is recommended as photosensitivity may be increased after treatment.